If you have a natural compassion for others and you want to be able to help them then you may want to consider becoming a certified nursing assistant. This is a great job for those that love to be around others. Providing different types of care and making others comfortable can be very rewarding. Not to mention that the CNA pay is not that bad either.
Before you decide if you would like to be become a certified nursing assistant you will want to learn a little bit about what you will be making. It has been found that the median CNA salary will be roughly $24,000.
Of course, what you make will greatly depend on where you live, what type of education you have, and how much experience you have as well. Most of these positions are also going to be full time. Therefore, the more hours you work, the more money you will be making.
It is very important to know that the certified nursing assistant salary that you will make can vary from state to state. This is because you will find that this job is in a higher demand in some locations. For example, the demand is increasing in Virginia, Arkansas, Utah, Delaware, and Ohio. Because of that, here are some things about the hospital can salary that you should keep in mind:
- No matter what state you are in the certified nursing assistant salary is not going to drop below $15,000.
- Those that make the decision to work in metropolitan areas like Los Angeles could find themselves making as much as $30,000.
- The certified nursing assistant salary may go as high as $31,000 in New York.
- When working in states like New Jersey or Nevada you could make a little less. The average pay in these states has been recorded at $29,000.
- Nursing assistants in Georgia and Florida have been known to make roughly $25,000.
- Individuals that are interested in determining what they will be making based on an hourly rate will be pleased to know that they will often make anywhere between $12 and $20 an hour.
What you need to keep in mind in relation to the CAN pay is that you are often not
required to pay much of anything for your education. In many cases the training will be very inexpensive, or it will not cost you anything that all.
It is also possible to find federal funding to help you with any courses you would like to take but that you cannot afford. This means that when you finally are making money you will not have to pay anything back for student loans. The money you make will be yours to keep. If you do find that you need to pay for any of your education, this can be done in just a few short months because of the amount of money you are making.
So, as you consider what your CNA salary will be it is going to be important to think about a few key factors that will impact the amount of money you can make. Here are some of those factors:
- You will see that you can make more in an urban area compared to working in rural areas.
- The amount of money you make will depend on the amount of work that is available.
- Training and experience is always going to impact the amount of money you will be able to make each year.
- Competency evaluations will also be given over time as someone works in this field. These evaluations can greatly impact the amount of money you will be making.
- Where you work will have an impact on the amount of money you are going to be able to receive. For example, if you are working as a CNA on the ICU of a large hospital you are going to make a lot more than you would if you were a CNA working in a nursing home.
It is easy to see that there are many factors related to the CNA pay you will receive. The
fact of the matter is that you will be able to increase your pay over time. You will also have a job that provides you with amazing satisfaction as you continually help others.