Those people that are trying to determine what they want to do with their life may consider becoming a CNA. Here are some of the things that you will be doing when you have this certification:
- Take the vital signs of the patients that you are working with
- Maintain charts on the things that you have observed or carried out for your patients
- Dressing patients and helping them with any of their activities of daily living that they may have
- Give reports to the nurses that are also working with the patients so that they are aware of what you have done with the patients
- Create a friendly environment for all patients and their family members or visitors
- Assisting with exercises that the patient needs to be doing on a regular basis
You may not be aware of it but the Red Cross does offer CNA classes. You will see that this could be a great way to get the education that you are looking for in order to become a CNA professional. If you are thinking about becoming involved in the American Red Cross CNA classes then keep the following requirement in mind as they must be met for you to be accepted into the courses:
- Individuals must be at least 18 years old if they want to sign up and participate.
- The person may not have any type of an infectious disease.
- The person is not allowed to be pregnant.
Are you worried that you are not going to get what you want from these classes? That is
certainly not something that you have to worry about. In fact, you will see that every course is going to be hands on. Most people are going to learn more by doing. Therefore, you will get a lot out of these courses because you will be living it. You will be required to be able to demonstrate the skills that you have learned if you want to pass.
Still not sure about the Red Cross training program? Maybe these facts can help you decide if it is for you or not:
- It will never be less than three weeks long.
- It could be up to six weeks long.
- Many Red Cross chapters will be open at different hours of the day and you will find that you can make the program fit around any of your needs and the other things that you need to do in your life. This is nice for those individuals that are working or have a family to take care of.
- This training may not be free. In fact, there are times when it could cost roughly $600 and it could go as high as $1700. This may not be the way to go if you are trying to get training for free.
- The training facilities through the Red Cross are going to be available in at least 36 different cities around the United States.
- The training that you will be receiving has been developed to help you pass the licensing exam that you will be required to pass if you would like to be able to get a job in this field.
When it comes to the Red Cross CNA training program you will be preparing to take
your certification exam. Here are some key facts about the exam that you will want to remember as well:
- There are going to be two different parts on this exam.
- One part of the exam will be related to the skills that you have learned.
- The other part of the exam will be a written section.
- Individuals that are planning to take this test will find that it is going to take approximately 5 ½ hours to take the entire thing.
- It will be a requirement that you pass the skills part of the exam before you are able to take the written section of the exam.
- You will be able to take both parts of the exam on the same day if you would like to do that.
- Individuals must get at least an 80% on the exam to pass and to avoid the need to take it again.