It is not uncommon for individuals to spend some time thinking about the amount of money they may make as they are trying to consider a career path. Therefore, anyone that is thinking about becoming a home health aide will want to learn about the income that they might be able to accumulate. This can certainly help someone decide if they should get a job like this or not.
What is the salary of a home health aide
It has been stated that the median pay for someone doing this job will be roughly $20,100 each year. So average home health aide salary per hour will be $9.70. Home health aides that have taken the time to obtain extra training and become certified in their state will see that they can make more money than the average pay because they have that certification.
What is really important to remember is that a home health aide salary can vary. Just like any job, those that are just starting out will most likely make less than someone that has been doing the job for a really long time. There are some other factors to think about as well. For example, any type of continued education can really help increase a home health aide pay. Where the person works can also have a large impact on just how much money they will be bring home at the end of the week.
Which factors affect on HHA salary
If you are strongly considering this type of job then you should think about the following factors and how they may be able to impact the amount of money you will be able to make.
- The amount of money you make could be impacted by the type or work you are actually doing with the client that you are seeing.
- As previously mentioned, if you are certified or licensed, then you may be able to make more money.
- Working different can greatly impact the amount of money you are making. This is because there are many states that are required to pay someone more money when they are working at night compared to those that are working during the day.
As you think about a certified home health aide salary it may also be a good idea to pay attention to the state and location where you will be working. This could have a large impact on the amount of money you could be making. Here are some statistics that you should think about:
- New York has the largest number of individuals working in this field.
- There are some states that are going to pay more than others when it comes to the salary that someone is going to make. The states that pay the highest include Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Alaska and Hawaii.
- Most workers will find that they are going to be able to make more money if they are working in a metropolitan area they can make more money than working in rural areas.
It is very easy to see that HHA salary can change for each person. There are a lot of
things that will come into play. So, if you would like to become a home health aide and you want to make great money you will want to keep the above things in your mind. It may be possible for you to take some necessary steps in order to increase the amount of money you are making each year. It is always great to have a full understanding of what can be done to improve your salary, no matter what type of job you are doing.
If you are planning on becoming an aide in the home then you may want to make sure that you are getting as much education and training as possible. Take the time to take continuing education classes as well. If you are able to become specialized in a certain area of home health that could help you also. In the end, you may need to simply put in your time. You will always make more money with more experience. It could take some time but it will be worth it in the end.