It is not going to be possible for anyone to become a CNA until they have had an interview and they are hired by the employer. This can be very a frightening situation for many people.
So, if you are scheduled for a CNA job interview then you should make sure that you are taking some time to learn about the different questions that you may be asked. When you know what to expect you will be a lot more relaxed and able to do better on your interview. Below you’ll find some samples of questions commonly asked during CNA interviews.
Certified Nursing assistant interview questions may include the following:
- Why you are the best CNA for the job
- Can the interviewer contact your current employer
- What do you want to be doing in five years
- What do you like the least about being a CNA
- What do you like the most about being a CNA
- Are you able to take vital signs and do you know how to do this appropriately
If you are already scheduled for an interview then you will also want to make sure that you also have some questions that you are willing to ask the interviewer. This shows them that you have thought about the job and that you are really interested in it.
Here are some CNA interview questions to ask employer:
- Find out how many patients you will need to take care of each shift
- What is the probation period that you will be under
- Try to find out if there are any opportunities for you to advance within the company
- Determine how many staff members you will be working with when you are working
CNA job interview tips
There are certainly some CNA job interview tips that you will want to follow as you prepare for the interview.
How to prepare for CNA interview
- Always do some research to determine where the facility is located and exactly what you need to do in order to get there.
- Make sure that you know what time your appointment is and try to be there about 5 or 10 minutes early.
- Take any and all copies of your license and any other certifications that you have.
- Have a copy of your resume ready to go and place it in a nice folder.
- If you have had any vaccinations recently then you will want to have documentation of these with you.
- Any references that you have from others should be with you.
Anyone that is planning on having an interview like this in the near future will need to be sure that they are taking some CNA job interview tips to heart. Prepare and take this seriously if you want to really be considered for any job that you have in mind. What you have to remember is that there could be a lot of people interviewing for the position. Just because you were interviewed does not mean that you are going to get the job.
Use these tips to pass interview for CNA position
- Look up some questions for these types of interviews and be sure that you are going over them. The more you practice questions and answers the easier it will be for you to be relaxed when you are interviewing.
- Try to keep eye contact with the individual who is interviewing you. If you have trouble with this then you should practice. Keeping eye contact is going to show confidence and it is completely necessary.
- Never use slang terms when you are in the middle of any interview.
- It will be a good idea to be able to explain to your potential employer why you have selected this career. If you are able to briefly tell them why you became a CNA then you should do that.
- Make sure that you are speaking clearly at all times so that the person can hear you and they know what you are saying.
- When the interview is over it will be a good idea to make sure that you are sending a thank you letter to the person that carried out your interview.
- It was mentioned before but you really do need to have a list of questions ready to ask the employer. This shows them that you are interested and that you really did research their facility.